Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back to school, V-Day parties, etc...

Well, Mac's back at school today after 3 days home with the flu.... I'm praying I don't get that dreaded call from the nurse to pick her up!! She's got her Valentine's party at school today so last night we were home making out Valentine's for her class, as well as my son's class. I had the bright idea of making chocolate mice for them to take for their parties today... why do I always have these grand ideas during the day when I know I'll be exhausted when I get home?!?! Anyhoo, after dinner and a glass of wine, I thought I could get it done!! I snuck into the kitchen, hoping the kids wouldn't hear me so I could get the mice done quickly and without help... didn't work!! They both came to help!! So I had Mac pulling cherries out of the jar and Mekhi unwrapping Hershey kisses for me while I heated the chocolate and we got to work. They turned out adorable and I'm sure their classes will love them.... the things you do for your kids!! So today Mac has violin and cheer. Cheer should provide for an interesting blog tomorrow... coaches always get a little stressed the practice before Nationals... last week was a mess and a half!! Until tomorrow......


Oh, here's a pic of the little mice critters we created for the kid's Valentine's party...

No comments:

Post a Comment